The Gibson Art Gallery accepts exhibition and curatorial submissions from artists and curators. The Gallery features the Main Exhibit Gallery and Artisan Gift Shoppe. The Back Gallery (commonly used for refreshments/bar during receptions, hosts classes and Guild meetings) The attached Caboose Museum houses local railroad memorabilia and artifacts. The exhibitions are promoted through press releases, art publication advertisements, exhibition publications, gallery tours, community calendars, the local tourism office, kiosks and annual tourist publications, PSA's, the Gibson Gallery website and on the Gallery Facebook page.
Submission packages should include:
- A current résumé including education and past exhibitions
- A complete artist statement.
- Five to ten examples of current work or work intended for exhibition.
- Exhibit Proposal including theme, tetle, preferred dates and approximate number of works
- Examples of Exhibition Art works: 5-10 pieces via prints, CD or website
- Comprehensive description of 5 images with titles, dates, mediums, sizes and prices.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish the submission returned by mail (Canadian postage or postal money order) otherwise it may be picked up in person during regular gallery office hours
With empathy to the challenges brought by COVID, the Gibson Gallery is pleased to waive the exhibit fees for the 2023 exhibition season, ONLY. Artists will exhibit at the invitation of the Exhibition Committee, must possess a valid 2023 Gibson Gallery membership and all sales are subject to 20% commission.
November 17- December 11 Thurs- Sun 11 am- 5 pm